Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Cardio Coach Rocks!

I've been meaning to give a review of my new fave way to exercise--Cardio Coach! What is Cardio Coach? A quote from the website sums it up best:

Cardio Coach™ is an audio guided workout program designed for anybody, at any fitness level and for any type of exercise machine (running & walking too).

I first read about Cardio Coach on a Yahoo group for Firmies quite some time ago. At the time, it sounded interesting, but I didn't own any type of cardio equipment, no iPod, and just couldn't do that sort of thing while pushing kids in a stroller up and down hills on a gravel road.

As you know, I recently got a treadmill AND bought an iPod Nano, so I took the plunge and bought Cardio Coach's Volume 1. I LOVE having this guy in my ear telling me what to do! It has encouraged me to push myself to see how fast I can run during some of those challenges. It's great to have focus during my treadmill workouts instead of just walking along at whatever pace I choose (and that would be slower than what I do with Cardio Coach). This guy is better at pushing me than I am at pushing myself. I also get a better workout in a shorter amount of time and as a busy mom, you know I'm all about getting my workout over and done!

Click to see specific info on Cardio Coach's Volume 1 workout. This includes time duration, type of music, equipment suggestions, and descriptions of each track (warm up, steady state, challenges, cool down).

The music is OK. It's all instrumental, sometimes inspirational during challenges, but nothing I'm really excited about. That's fine with me because listening to the music isn't really what I'm focused on anyway. It is as it should be--background that goes with what I'm doing at the time.

I'm still Firming, but I've been using Cardio Coach on the treadmill on one of my cardio days instead of doing a Firm DVD. I definitely think there's room for my ole Firm faves and my new Cardio Coach fave!

If you're getting bored with your current workout and would like to try something interesting, check this out! I highly recommend it and I'll definitely be buying some more Cardio Coach, too.

No comments: