Monday, July 23, 2007

Girl's Dress


Pattern: Simplicity 4927

I made this dress for my daughter and she loves it! It was really easy to make. We found this adorable flowered seersucker at Wal-Mart. I think including the pattern, fabric, and interfacing, it cost about $5 to make!

This pattern has two dresses--one with sleeves; one without sleeves, but with pockets--and a small bag. This dress has a neck facing that I've never done before, so that was interesting to learn. It wasn't difficult to construct, just something new for me. I was worried about sewing the sleeves to the small armholes, but it worked out fine.

I followed the pattern instructions and made changes only in how I turned the garment to sew it on my sewing machine. I added the little dark pink bow as a finishing touch only to have my cat pull it off! That'll teach me to leave my sewing projects hanging from the living room closet door knob! It was easy to make a new bow and sew it on again.

My daughter loves this dress and wears it all the time!

No comments: