Friday, August 3, 2007

Patchwork Perfect

I really love the cozy, country feel of patchwork. I've not done patchworking myself, but I think it's so adorable. I don't think I have the "eye" for putting together patchwork. I just don't know how people put together fabrics that don't seem to have a thing in common and it turns out looking so nice. Probably something I could learn if I gave it a try...or did intensive study!

That's why I was elated when I came across some patchwork fabric at the local Amish fabric store! The shop has mostly quilting cotton along with other fabric mostly used for the Amish's clothing. I like to shop there for fabric for my bags which was what I was doing. This isn't a printed fabric that just looks like it's patchwork--it's actual fabric squares sewn together in true patchwork fashion! Beautiful!

My original thought was to make a bag out of this. I'd like to make a taller bag than I usually do since I've had some requests for that--maybe 11"x11". I'd probably put a denim band around the top and denim handles with some type of ribbon on the denim band. That's my thinking at the moment. Hhhmm! I just don't want to waste the fabric as it was rather expensive at $11.50/yard. Eeek! I'd love to read your ideas if you have any!

Thought you'd like to know that I didn't squish anyone or anything (as far as I know) today while driving the big truck. I sorta felt like I was driving a semi, but it really wasn't too bad. Aren't you relieved?!

Have a great weekend!

No comments: