Thursday, August 2, 2007

Miscellaneous Musings

As proud as I was of my little monsters for jumping off the diving board at swim lessons, neither of them passed their levels and will have to repeat next year. Oh well. The lessons gave them lots of confidence and less fear of the water which is excellent. DS just didn't seem to get how to coordinate his arms and legs. DH isn't too coordinated when it comes to stuff like that, so that's probably where he gets it from! ;oP I'm just really glad I don't have to drive all the way over there every day anymore! Whew!

DH and I attended my 15th high school reunion this weekend. It was a nice time. Fun to see all those people I grew up with. Everyone really looks great! Got lots of compliments on my hair and my dress (especially when I told people I made it! He he!). Good for the ole self-esteem!

Our van is off being fixed. We've had gas tank issues for a long time now and it's finally annoyed DH enough to have it fixed. The driver's side window won't roll down either. What's with vehicles that once the warranty is out and you've paid the car off that it starts to break down?! I get the privilege of driving around our farm's HUGE extended-cab dually pick-up truck until the van is fixed. Gonna be weird. Hope I don't squish anything or anyone with it!

Sewing: I have two bag projects for customers lined up for the next week or so. Going to get supplies this weekend.

Then, I'm not exactly sure which project I'll tackle next. I really need to find some knit fabric for some jammies (New Look 6641) for DS. I should also get started on DD's jammies. Sure would like to try the lettuce edge on the serger!

I have the supplies to make a tank top (Simplicity It's So Easy 4123) for myself--found some interesting knit fabric on the sale table at Wal-Mart. The knit is barely stretchy, so I think it'll work fine.

So many projects, so little time!

Have a great day!

No comments: