Monday, September 10, 2007

The Busy Life of a SAHM!

I have a lot of stuff to blog about that I'll get to sometime this week. Right now, I am sitting here, having my snack of Weight Watchers Vanilla Fat Free Yogurt mixed with 1/2-cup of Kashi Go Lean Crunch (highly recommend it), and thinking about the day...
  • Got up and helped get the kids off to school
  • Started Matt's laundry
  • Made & ate breakfast
  • Helped Matt move a truck
  • Worked out (The FIRM's Hi-Def Sculpt, if you're curious)
  • Picked up Gracen from preschool
  • Made phone calls
  • Switched laundry loads
  • Showered
  • Got Gracen lunch
  • Finished getting ready
  • Laundry to dryer
  • Made & ate lunch
  • Did some stuff online for a while
  • Put Gracen in the tub (she had green marker outlining her feet from yesterday's Children's Church project! So funny!)
  • Folded towels & Matt's laundry
  • Opened ton of mail
  • Paid bills
  • Started on township work (I'm the township clerk--fun)
  • Got Gracen out of tub & dressed
  • Trimmed Gracen's fingernails & toenails
  • Painted Gracen's toes
  • Garrett came home--trimmed his fingernails
  • Got kids snack
  • Finished township stuff
  • Filed papers
  • Cleaned litter box
  • Got kids more snack & myself a snack

And now I'm blogging after sending my sister an e-mail! Of course, interspersed in all of that is talking to Gracen and helping her with little things. Sadly, my day's not over. Here's the rest of the day's doings:

  • Go visit in-laws (Gracen needs to show off her red toenails!)
  • Make & eat supper (think it will be Roast Beef Burritos tonight)
  • Watch TV and cuddle kids for a bit
  • Help kids brush teeth
  • Get kids to bed with minimum of strife
  • Sit in chair and veg for a bit before heading to bed, too.

Whew! Of course, today's industrious-ness makes up for yesterday's total lack of mobility & accomplishment. We went to church, had lunch at the in-laws', then came home and were complete couch potatoes the rest of the day! It's pretty rare that we do that anymore, but it sure was nice--even if I did feel a little guilty.

I guess the moral of this is that Stay-at-Home Moms do a LOT, too, and never let anyone tell you otherwise!

Alrighty, I'd better jet! A little preview for you on some things I'll be blogging about this week:

  • Gracen's pajama top
  • New dining room set

No comments: