Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Pajamas 2.0

Pattern: New Look 6641

My parents were in town for the weekend, so I had some time to finish DS's pajamas. I used the same pattern as DD's pajamas. I've decided that this pattern, though unisex, is shaped rather girlish. Possibly DS could've used a smaller shirt (the skinny kid!), but I just think the shape of the top and the bottom of the pants are a little girlie. It really doesn't matter since these are just pajamas, but it's something worth commenting on.

I used a green & tan camouflage jersey knit from Fashion Fabrics Club with which, frankly, I'm disappointed. This fabric is VERY thin and I'm not very confident that it's going to hold up, particularly in the waistband of the pants. It's my fault for choosing a "jersey knit" instead of something else. Live and learn, right?!

Since these jammies were for DS, I obviously didn't do the lettuce edges and puffy sleeve details. I'm REALLY happy with how well the neck band turned out (although I think the neck opening on this pattern is too wide in general)--no pleats or tucks or anything this time! I even got the sleeves eased in without any puckers! Yay! Everything went together well using both the serger and the sewing machine.

These pajamas were great for practicing sewing with knit fabric as well as practicing with the serger. I've learned quite a bit and hope that my sewing skills continue to grow as I sew!

No comments: